Teacher Status Programme ( 4 Years )
Will I be able to use this qualification in South Africa ?
Principles, Theories and Practices of Education and Training
Create Education and Training Programmes
Engage Learners in the Education and Training Process
Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
Evaluate Education and Training Provision
Reflect on and Maintain Own Skills and Practice in Education and Training
Combines Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
Accounting and Economics
Society and Culture
To achieve the UK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits; 75 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units in Group A, plus a minimum of 45 credits from the optional units in Group B.
A minimum of 61 credits must be at Level 5 (therefore a minimum of 6 optional credits must be achieved at level 5)
The learner will need to meet the requirements to be awarded the qualification, i.e. achieve the appropriate mandatory and optional units, as well as satisfactorily complete teaching practice.
Mandatory units: Group A
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training (20 credits)
- Theories, principles and models in education and training (20 credits)
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training (20 credits
- Wider professional practice in education and training (15 credits)
Optional Units: Group B
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development (6 credits)
- Develop learning and development programmes (6 credits)
- Equality and diversity (6 credits)
- Evaluating learning programmes (3 credits)
- Identify the learning needs of organisations (6 credits)
- Manage learning and development in groups (6 credits)
- Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment (6 credits)
- Action research (15 credits)
The objective of the UK Level 6 Diploma in Teaching is to develop learners understanding of the theory and practice involved in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective practitioner in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of curriculum planning, effective performance, action research and development. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education and/or management.
For entry onto the UK Level 6 Diploma in Teaching qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
Registered qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The UK Level 6 Diploma in Teaching qualification consists of 6 mandatory units, for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Lesson Planning (20 credits)
- Reflective Teaching (20 credits)
- Management of Class Dynamics (20 credits)
- Curriculum Design (20 credits)
- Integrated Education (20 credits)
- Technology in Education (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Level 4 Education and Training
R 1350 x 10
Level 5 Education and Training
R 1420 X 10
Level 6 Teaching
R 1500 X 10
Level 7 Education Management and Leadership
R 1550 X 10